Klein Constantia dates to 1685, when Simon van der Stel, a commander of the Dutch East India Company was given the land. World leaders and figures of the 18th and 19th centuries ( (Napoleon, Marie Antoinette, Thomas Jefferson, etc.) were drinking the sweet Constantia wine from the vineyard.
Trade constraints and phylloxera in the estate stopped production, but when the estate was purchased in the 1980s, the owners recovered the Vin de Constance recipe and planted a clone. The historic wine was revived in 1990 and has been sought after ever since.
View current inventory: Collector Wines
Visit the winery website: Klein Constantia