The estate dates back to at least 1378, with vines existing on the property since the 14th century.
A garrison fort was built 300 meters from the estuary to guard against attack during the Hundred Years’ War. The tower, La Tour, gave its name to the estate around the fortress and was in English hands until the Battle of Castillon in 1453. The original fortress no longer exists, but in the 1620s a circular tower (La Tour de Saint-Lambert) was built as a symbol of the estate’s heritage.
Classified as a 1st Growth Grand Cru Classé in 1855.
View current inventory: Collector Wines
Visit the winery website: Château Latour